A brief update on state House and Senate races as the vote count continues in some areas. The headline here is that Republicans maintained control in both chambers despite speculation that Democrats were poised to take control of the House.
Some noteworthy races affecting change in the Senate….
- Incumbent Republican Sen. Tom Killion is trailing in the 9th District to Democrat John Kane with most of the votes having been counted.
- John DiSanto defeats Democratic challenger George Scott in the 15th District, despite some polls showing that DiSanto was in danger of losing.
- Republican Rep. Cris Dush wins election to the Senate in the 25th District in the seat held by retiring President pro tempore Joe Scarnati
- Incumbent Democratic Sen. Pam Iovino is defeated in the 37th District by Republican challenger Devlin Robinson
- And in the 45th District, the issue is still not settled, but Republican challenger Nicole Ziccarelli holds a slim lead over incumbent Democrat Jim Brewster.
Noteworthy races affecting change in the House….
- Things are still not settled in the 33rd District but Minority Leader Frank Dermody is trailing Republican challenger Carrie DelRosso
- Incumbent Democrat Wendy Ullman loses her seat in the 143rd District