In June, Pope Francis released the encyclical Laudato Si’, or Praised Be, inviting reflection on the care for all of God’s creation. It is a long document that covers many topics, and some may be wondering how to bring the writings of Pope Francis into their everyday lives.
To help our readers better understand and live out the messages of Laudato Si’, we’ve compiled this list of resources:
- Catholic Relief Services provides prayer resources, including this prayer:
- Interested in reading Laudato Si’ with friends, family, fellow parishioners or other groups? This small group discussion guide help can help explore this important document. The guide includes materials for prayer, reflection and discussion, as well as ideas to help Catholics respond to Pope Francis’ message.
- Catholic Relief Services also provides materials for children, including a “Caring for God’s Creation” quiz and a children’s book that explains their efforts to bring drinking water to Burkina Faso.
- Talking about creation isn’t new. Here are some quotes from the saints about the care for creation.
- If you prefer video, watch Bishop Barron’s first take on the encyclical here.
- For even more resources, click here.