In keeping with its mission, the PA Catholic Conference aims to educate and inform Catholics about a wide range of issues. As such, we produced a series of resources to help voters prepare for the November 6 election.
The information listed here explains the candidates’ positions in their own words. It has been compiled from interviews, questionnaires, policies, public statements, official and campaign websites and other resources to help voters inform their consciences before heading to the voting booth. The issues covered here appear for informational purposes only and do not represent a complete list of issues that may be of importance to Catholics. The PCC neither supports nor opposes any candidate for public office. The comments, votes and statements are merely snapshots from each candidate’s public career and campaign.
- Know the Positions of PA’s Statewide Candidates
- Know the Positions of PA’s Statewide Candidates (Spanish)
- Statewide Candidates Complete Questionnaire
- Interview with US Senate Candidate Tom Smith
- Interview with US Senate Candidate Senator Bob Casey, Jr.
- Know the Positions of PA’s United States Senate Candidates
- Know the Positions of PA’s United States Senate Candidates (Spanish)
- Know the Positions of the Presidential Candidates (English)
- Know the Positions of the Presidential Candidates (Spanish)
- Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship (from the USCCB)
Public Policy Statements from PA Bishops
A Statement of the Pennsylvania Catholic Bishops on the 2012 Elections (November 1, 2012)
To read recent statements from individual PA bishops on matters of public policy, click here.
If you have questions about political activity by Catholic entities, click here.