The Pennsylvania affiliate of the Council on American Private Education (PA-CAPE) honor Pennsylvania’s brightest teachers, administrators, and schools in the private sector each year. The 2017 PA-CAPE Private School Teacher, Administrator, and School Awards included several Catholic winners. Representing approximately 85 percent of the students in private schools in Pennsylvania, PA-CAPE established the awards ceremony to elevate the status of private education in the eyes of the communities they serve as well as the Pennsylvania legislature. There are many excellent candidates nominated for these awards each year, all of whom provide an outstanding example of how Pennsylvania private schools are changing the lives of students both in and out of the classroom. We would like to recognize and congratulate the following individuals and school for winning this year’s awards.
- Rebecca Dewey – Early Childhood Educator (Gladwyne Montessori)
- Nona Shanis Melnick – Early Childhood Administrator (Montessori Children’s House)
- Mary B. Stauffer – Primary Educator (Dayspring Christian Academy)
- Jeanne Koenig Meredith – Primary Administrator (St. Mary Interparochial School)
- Christopher Buck – Secondary Educator (Mother Teresa Regional Catholic School)
- Kevin M. Skaer – Secondary Administrator (The Christian Academy)
- Queen of Angels Regional Catholic School – Story Award
These teachers and administrators have a personal testimony that reinforces the overall significance of private school educators and leaders; we congratulate and thank them for the impact they make in their classrooms, schools, and in the lives of each of their students!