After millennia of human experience and ethical reflection, history has shown the family to be the foundation of society. The institution of marriage plays an essential role in the continuation of the human race, the full and proper development of each person and the establishment of a society rooted in personal dignity, social stability and mutual respect. Marriage is the foundation of the family. In turn the family is the basic unit of society. Thus while marriage is a personal relationship it also has public significance.
Attempts to redefine marriage and questions about same-sex unions nationwide have occasioned a debate about the nature and purpose of marriage. For the well-being of our communities, we must support public policies that safeguard marriage.
- Marriage and Children – bulletin insert
- Marriage and Society – bulletin insert
- Respecting Sexuality – bulletin insert
- Catholic Teaching on Homosexuality – bulletin insert
- Homily Hints on Marriage
- Scripture Passages on Marriage and Family Life